Meet the Officers
2023-2024 State Officers
Ubah Ali, Alexis Frans, MaKenna Benson-Berger, and Grace Baker
- South Sioux City High school
- My passion for education began in 4th grade when I was welcomed by a dedicated and honorable teacher who adapted to all of my needs as a newcomer.
- As a member of Educators Rising, I am working towards understanding more about the educational field and achieving my goal of becoming an educator.
- Scottsbluff High School
- I was inspired to join Educators Rising with a little push from my education teacher who has helped me grow outside of my comfort zone and discover my passion.
- I want to become a teacher because I have watched my own teachers and the impacts they have on students and I want to do the same
Vice President of Membership
- South Sioux City High School
- I want to become an educator because my teachers were always the ones to support me and believe in me during hard times. I want to do the same with my students.
- I want to change the future and bring awareness to the education field.
Vice President of Communications
- Papillion LaVista High School
- I am in my Senior year.
- I want to teach Special Education or Third Grade. My experience throughout all of my years of school have inspired me to become a teacher because I love what teachers do and I want to be able to give back to the community.
Become a State Officer
An officer’s year is one of exciting challenges, countless opportunities and life-long friendships. Holding a State Office is a time, travel and financial commitment. Applications are due February 17, 2023!
- Maintain at least a 3.0 G.P.A.
- Apply for scholarships as appropriate to their college, experience, interest
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership on and off campus
- Be available to attend officer meetings and trainings
- Communicate directly to State Advisor of any scheduling conflicts that limit their participation
- Have on file all forms required by he Nebraska Department of Education
- Wear appropriate Educators Rising Nebraska officer dress to all functions unless approved by State Advisor or State Officer Coordinator
- Be a member of an active Educators Rising Nebraska affiliated chapter
- Attend the State Officer Leadership Academy (SOLA)
- Attend the Educators Rising Fall Conference
- Attend the Educators Rising Nebraska State Leadership Conference and compete in at least one State competition
- Make every attempt to attend the Educators Rising National Conference
If you are a Junior, entering your Senior year and can meet the commitments of being an officer, talk to your Advisor about your interest in being a State Officer Candidate.